Meetings & Notifications
To receive notifications on the Downtown Master Plan process, please sign up by clicking the Stay Informed button on the home page of the Village website and subscribe to Downtown Master Plan updates.
Update on Downtown Master Planning Process - Meetings Held
- The Committee of the Whole convened on Thursday, February 27th, 2020 at 8:00 A.M. in the Park View Room at Village Hall. At this meeting, the Board of Trustees discussed the public comments provided at the February 11th, 2020 Public Open House and discuss the next action steps for the Final Draft Downtown Master Plan.
- Tuesday, February 11th, 2020 - Public Open House from 4:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. at the Elm Grove Woman’s Club. This meeting provided an opportunity to review the revised Final Draft Plan while engaging with the planning consultants from Short Elliot Hendrickson Inc., Village Staff and Trustees in an intimate setting. There was no formal presentation, rather the open forum made it more convenient for residents to ask questions and provide feedback. A Public Hearing will be held by the Village Board before consideration and possible action in March or April 2020.
- Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 - Committee of the Whole Workshop at 8:00 A.M. in the Park View Room at Village Hall. The Board of Trustees provided additional comments and requested plan revisions based on public feedback from the 9/19/19 Public Information Meeting.
- Thursday, September 19th, 2019 - Public Information Meeting and Open House from 4:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. at the Sunset Playhouse, 700 Wall Street, Elm Grove, WI 53122. There were two presentation sessions, the first beginning at 4:30 P.M. and the second session will followed at 6:00 P.M. Each session included a presentation delivered by the planning team of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. with a question and answer segment that followed.
- Thursday, September 5th, 2019 - Committee of the Whole workshop at 8:00 A.M. in the Park View Room at Village Hall. The intention of this meeting is for the Board of Trustees to provide comment and recommended revisions to be incorporated into the Draft Plan Prior to the September 19th Public Information Meeting.
- Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 - Committee of the Whole workshop at 9:00 A.M. in the Park View Room at Village Hall. The intention of this meeting was to discuss and formulate the next steps for the planning document as it progresses towards completion.
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - Public Information Meeting and Open House from 4:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. at the Elm Grove Women’s Club. Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. presented updated planning documents along with an economic analysis of the Draft Redevelopment Concept Plan (Concept 3).
- February 26, 2019 - Committee of the Whole Workshop with SEH Inc. #3 at 5:00 P.M. in the Park View Room at Village Hall. This meeting will be a working session with the Village Board of Trustees and is open to the public.
- POSTPONED February 5, 2019 - The second Public Information Meeting has been postponed and will be rescheduled for another date that is to be determined.
- January 10, 2019 Committee of the Whole Workshop with SEH Inc. #2
- November, 2018 - Proformas, Strategies and Policies
- November 14, 2018 - Committee of the Whole Workshop with SEH Inc. #1 (Meeting Minutes)
- November, 2018 - First Public Information Meeting - Refinement of Preferred Alternative by SEH Inc.
- Mid-October / Early November - Preferred Alternatives by SEH Inc.
- October 2 - 4, 2018 - Downtown Master Plan Charrette & Presentation (DRAFT Schedule)
- September / October, 2018 - Public engagement (Online Survey)
- Mid-September, 2018 - Draft Elm Grove Today Report and Market Study
- The Village of Elm Grove, Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH), Place Dynamics and WiRED Properties completed the first major milestone in the planning process on July 12th, 2018 with a walking tour of the Central Business District (CBD) study area. The tour was intended to analyze existing conditions of buildings and properties within the CBD and to begin identifying potential strengths and opportunities within this area. The results of the walking tour have been captured in a comprehensive map which summarizes the findings. Link to the walking tour map here.