Judge Steinle’s trial decision can be appealed by either party to the Waukesha County Circuit Court. Any appeal must be filed in writing within 20 days after judgment, or the right to appeal is forfeited. The appeal fee and any other appropriate costs and forfeitures are due and must be posted upon filing the appeal. An appeal can either be on the trial record or on the basis of a de novo (new) trial at the circuit court level.