Payment must be received prior to review. Applications not paid within 7 days of submission will be rejected. Due dates for applications vary and may be listed in the municipal code.
Quick View of Licenses
- Liquor License- Businesses only. Good for 1 year. Due no later than April 1st every year.
- Cigarette License and Dance Hall License are included in this application - no separate application is necessary.
- Operator (Bartender) License - Individual only. Good for 2 years. Renewals due by May 1st every year.
- Temporary Alcohol License - Good for beer and wine only (Class "B"/"Class B"). Wine limited to 2 times per year.
- Solicitors or Transient Merchant Permit - Good for 6 months.
See below for more in depth information.
Intoxicating Liquor and Fermented Malt Beverages (New or Renewal Alcohol License) - Due April 1.
Use the online application above to apply. No review will occur until the application is completed in full.
As of 08/25/2021, the Village of Elm Grove has zero (0) regular full liquor license(s) available out of seven (7) and three (4) reserve liquor license(s) available out of four (5). In 2021, the Census revealed a new population in Elm Grove of 6513. The next reserve liquor license will be available when the population exceeds 6729 residents; and increases by 1 every 500 residents.
Change of Agent: if you have a change of agent only, see the Department of Revenue's Form Page to fill out the Agent Change form. No other application is needed. Email this change form to email@example.com.
Operator (Bartender) Licenses (New, Renewal, Temporary, Provisional) - 2 year license
Operators Licenses are commonly called Bartender Licenses. A Bartender License is required for anyone serving and/or selling beer, wine and/or liquor, whether it’s in a restaurant, bar, gas station, or grocery store. Elm Grove has 2-year operator licenses.
Use the online application above to apply. No review will occur until the application is completed in full and payment has been received.
Temporary Class "B"/"Class B" Retailer's License
If you are only going to be serving beer and/or wine for an event, a temporary license is permitted. Wine is limited to 2 per year, beer is unlimited. Establishments with a regular Liquor License are not eligible for this license. Please read all instructions and restrictions associated with the temporary licenses. Payment must be included at the time of submission (see fee schedule below). Note the restrictions at the bottom of the online application to ensure your organization is eligible for a Temporary Alcohol License.
Use the online application above to apply. No review will occur until the application is completed in full and payment has been made.
Solicitors or Transient Merchant Licenses
This application requires a valid Driver License, a non-refundable fee, proof of device accuracy (if applicable), or proof of food or clothing handling (if applicable). All solicitors and transient merchants are held to Elm Grove Section 262.7 code of conduct. Payment must be received prior to the application being considered.
Use the online application above to apply.
If you are also filling out a Liquor License, the cigarette application can be uploaded there. If not, you can download the CTP-200 from the DOR.
Dance Hall License
If you are also filling out the Liquor License, the dance hall information will be included there. If not, please contact the Clerk.
VILLAGE OF ELM GROVE - LICENSE FEES
- Class A Beer - Retail Sales/Consumption Off Premises $100.00 + publication fee.
- Class A Liquor or Wine - Retail Sales/Consumption Off Premises $500.00 + publication fee.
- Class B Beer - Retail Sales/Consumption On/Off Premises $100.00 + publication fee.
- Class B Liquor - Retail Sales/Consumption On Premises $500.00 + publication fee.
- Class B Reserve for Liquor and Beer - Consumption on Premesis $10,600.00 for year 1, $600.00 thereafter + publication fee.
- Class C Wine – Consumption on Premises $100.00 + publication fee.
- Operator License New and Renewals $50.00 + publication fee.
- Temporary Alcohol or Operator License $10.00
- Solicitor/Transient Merchant (6 months) $75.00 + publication fee.
- Cigarette License $100.00 + publication fee.
- Dance Hall License $25.00 + publication fee.
- Publication Fee $5.00