The owner of a dog more than five months of age, on January 1, of any year, or five months of age, within the license year, shall annually, or on or before the date the dog becomes five months of age, pay the dog license fee and obtain and wear a license tag attached to its collar.
The owner of a dog shall have the dog vaccinated against rabies by a veterinarian within 20 days after the dog has reached four months of age and revaccinate within one year after the initial vaccination. Older vaccinated dogs must revaccinate before the certificate expires or within three years of the previous vaccination.
- One dog per registration form (PDF)
- Proof of rabies immunization must accompany the registration form (Waukesha County requirement)
Ways to Register:
- Register in person at the Police Department or at the Elmbrook Humane Society.
- Register via mail, must include:
- Printed registration form (one form per dog),
- Copy of rabies immunization, and
- Check made payable to: Village of Elm Grove.
- Register fully online via HeyGov.