Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Summer 2021 Teen Volunteer Opportunities at the Elm Grove Library
NOTE: All teen volunteer spots are currently filled. The library is not looking for additional volunteers at this time.
Summer is usually a great time to volunteer at the library but due to the unusual circumstances, we are not able to run all our usual programs. However, there are two things that teens can do for us.
1. We would like to build a file of Teen Book Reviews and you can help. Here’s how it will work:
- Sign up as a teen volunteer with Sue Daniels, Youth Services Librarian. The application link is below or pick up a paper copy at the Library Information Desk.
- Read a book from the Elm Grove Library that is appropriate for teens.
- Write a review of the book. The review must be at least one paragraph long with complete sentences, story description and some evaluation. When you are approved to write reviews, you will receive more details about what is required.
- Sign up for the summer reading program at elmgrovelibrary.beanstack.org to publish your reviews. When they have been approved, the reviews will be visible to other teens who have signed up for the reading program at the Elm Grove Library. If you would like to participate in the reading program also, you may, but it isn’t required.
- What will you get? For every book you review, you will earn 2 hours of volunteer time. You may earn a maximum of 10 hours of volunteer time this summer. In August, you will receive a letter that documents your time.
2. A few teens can help with Set-up/Take-down for Outdoor Programs. Only one or two are needed for each date.
- Most of our programs will be on Thursday mornings at 10:30 at the park pavillion. Dates: Thursdays June 17, July 1, July 15, July 29, August 12 and Wednesday, August 18. Volunteers should be available 10:00-11:30 so they can help with both set-up and take down.
- Applications for program volunteers will be accepted until June 18 or until all spots are filled. Fill out the application and include the specific dates when you can help. You will be notified of the dates you are assigned.
Fill out the application online or pick up a copy at the Library Information Desk and return paper form to Sue Daniels at the Elm Grove Library.
Questions? Contact Sue Daniels, Youth Services Librarian, by email, or call 262-782-6717.