The Village of Elm Grove Declares a State of Emergency
Effective May 15th, the Village Board of Trustees have taken action to reopen the playground equipment, basketball courts, park restrooms, and Gazebo rentals up to 50 people
These facilities are being opened for public use but they will NOT have any additional sanitizing or care other than the daily cleaning of the restrooms. Therefore, if you choose to use these facilities please follow the CDC guidelines for outdoor use and conduct social distancing were possible.
The Village Board also approved maintaining the existing policies regarding use of Village Hall facilities which restricts use to regular business but no outside use of the facilities, including meeting rooms and restrooms. Village meetings will continue to be conducted in the same manner with Zoom attendance available. Any attendees at public meetings will be required to social distance and if there are too many people in attendance they will be accommodated in another room with access to a television for viewing.
Please remember that just because the order is lifted does not mean there is no longer a threat of infection. Please continue to practice safe social interaction and be safe when you are enjoying the park and other Village amenities.
On March 19th, 2020 the Village Board of Trustees took action to declare a state of emergency in Elm Grove. The declaration of emergency is consistent with actions taken at the Federal, State and County levels of government in response to COVID-19.
- Wisconsin State Parks and Forests to Reopen on May 1st with Special Conditions - WDNR New Release
- State of Wisconsin DHS Emergency Order #28 - Safer at Home 041620
- State of Wisconsin Bulletin 032420 - Gov. Evers Directs DHS to Issue Safer at Home Order
- Resolution 031920 Declaring a State of Emergency within the Village of Elm Grove Pursuant to WIS. STAT. §323.11
- Waukesha County Declaration
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Emergency Order #5
- COVID-19 Financing Program
- US Chamber Small Business ELA Loan Guide
- US Senate Small Business Owner’s Guide to the Cares Act
Changes to Village Operations
- PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO VILLAGE HALL IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF AN UPPER RESPIRATORY ILLNESS.
- You are encouraged to call with inquiries prior to visiting the office as most questions and requests for services can be addressed via telephone at (262)782-6700.
- All non-government related meetings scheduled at Village Hall have been cancelled indefinitely.
- Due to COVID-19, the Wisconsin Election Commission and Village Staff are strongly urging voters to request an absentee ballot for the April 7th election. More information on how to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to your home address can be found on the Elections webpage.
- Village Hall remains open for in-person absentee voting and voter registration. Voters may vote in person absentee until Friday, April 3rd at 4:30 P.M.
- All upcoming public meetings will be broadcast on the Village Cable Channel 25 and streamed live on the Village website. All Boards and Standing Committee members will be encouraged to participate in meetings telephonically, or with video conferencing. The Village will continue compliance with Wisconsin’s Open Meeting Laws during this time.
- Please see the Village Calendar for upcoming meeting dates and times.
- Summer program registration has been suspended at this time.
- Looking for Stay at Home Activities? Follow the link to our Facebook page! Village of Elm Grove Recreation Facebook Page
- At the discretion of the Library Board, the Library will be closed indefinitely.
- Building permit application forms may be submitted via drop box located on the northern wall of the Court Room Entrance at Village Hall.
- Most building service related questions can be answered via telephone or email. Please call the general government phone line at (262)782-6700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All non-essential building inspections (dishwasher installations, water heaters, etc.) are now suspended indefinitely. All essential inspections (structurally related) will continue at this time.
- Permit Application forms may be downloaded.
Refuse and Recycling:
- Refuse and Recycling collection and other DPW services will continue uninterrupted subject to compliance with CDC guidelines and directives regarding social distancing and hygiene.
- Municipal Court sessions have been cancelled indefinitely.
- Citation payments are no longer accepted in person. Payments may be mailed to the Elm Grove Police Department at 13600 Juneau Boulevard, Elm Grove, WI 53122 or by using the drop box located within the foyer at the Elm Grove Police Department. Payments are not accepted online or over the phone.
- Utility Bills may be mailed to:
Village of Elm Grove
13600 Juneau Blvd.
Elm Grove, WI 53122
- Real Estate Tax payment should be mailed to:
Waukesha County Treasurer
515 W. Moreland Blvd. Room 148
Waukesha, WI 53188
Elmbrook Humane Society:
- Please link to the Elmbrook Humane Society website for current hours of operation and COVID-19 action protocol.
- NACA Statement on Cat Intake Protocol During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Please do not hesitate to call the Elmbrook Humane Society with questions, at (262)782-9261