2022 Summer Library Program – Oceans of Possibilities / June 13 - August 13
Summer Reading Program—Beginning on June 13, register for the reading program online and log your reading minutes and activities on the Elm Grove Library Beanstack site or with the Beanstack app. If you participated last year, you don’t need to create a new account. Just log into your existing account and select the Oceans of Possibilities challenge! When you log your reading and activities, you will receive coupons and drawing slips for the end of summer drawing. (A paper reading log will also be available if preferred.)
Family Story Times—Bring a blanket to spread on the grass for outdoor story time at 10:30 a.m. on Fridays! Content will generally be for children 3-4 years old but all are welcome to participate in stories, songs and rhymes. If weather is wet or cold, story time will move inside.
- June 17, 24
- July 8, 15, 22
- August 5, 12
Evening Story Time with Kathy Luck—One Monday evening per month from 6:30-7:00 p.m. Bring the family to a story time recommended for children ages 3-7 years. Join Kathy for a lively mixture of stories, puppets and music that will encourage children to engage with books throughout the summer. No registration required.
- June 27
- July 18
- August 8
Toy Adventure Night— Wednesday, July 13 to Thursday, July 14. Drop off your toy at the library between 3-5 p.m. on July 13. During the night, your toy will have an adventure and write a short story about it using information you provide. Recommended for ages 3-7 and registration is required since numbers may be limited. Register online beginning June 13.
Survival Island Program—Wednesday, July 27, 1:30-3:00 p.m. Test your ability to survive on a deserted island! Some of the challenges will test your ingenuity and others will be just for fun. This program is for ages 8-12 and registration is required. Register online beginning June 13.
Therapy Dog Reading Program returns for the summer!—This is a reading program for students who would like extra practice reading aloud to a well-behaved furry friend. Students in grades 1-5 may sign up for one 25-minute session per month with Clover. Appointments are for a single student or for siblings. Contact the library (262-782-6717) to register. Registration begins June 13.
- Thursday, June 23 at 3:00, 3:30, or 4:00
- Thursday, July 14 at 3:00, 3:30, or 4:00
- Thursday, August 11 at 3:00, 3:30, or 4:00
Special Performances—Most of these live performances will be held inside this year, but a few may be at the park pavilion, weather permitting. Details will be available online and in the library this summer.
- Thursday, June 16 @10:30 a.m.—The Magic Arts of Matthew Teague—Magic Show!
- Thursday, June 30 @10:30 a.m.—Wildlife in Need Center—Meet the wildlife ambassadors from this Oconomowoc rescue center. Includes live animals!
- Thursday, July 7 @10:30 a.m.—Mother Goose will playfully entertain with traditional rhymes and songs! Lots of audience participation, especially for ages 3-6.
- Thursday, July 21 @10:30 a.m.—Sadarri & Co. Storytelling Troupe—Enjoy stories, music and fun from around the globe and in a variety of languages.
- Thursday, August 4 @10:30 a.m.—Dinosaur Dimensions—Animatronic dinosaurs are the stars of this show!
- Thursday, August 11 @10:30 a.m.—Mad Science: Amazing Oceans program—Dive into the science of sea life as you learn about the many amazing creatures that call the ocean their home. Great for school-age kids!
Teen Volunteers will be needed to help with programs this summer. Volunteers should be at least 12 years old by August 2022. Starting in May, check online at elmgrovelibrary.org or in the library for information about specific opportunities and to fill out an application. Positions will be filled on a first-come basis.
Youth Summer Book List— Looking for book suggestions? Check out the Elm Grove Library’s recommended reads for grades K-8.
Please contact Sue Daniels, Youth Services Librarian, with questions or comments at email@example.com or 262-782-671.