The Public Works Department maintains the Village Sewer System. If your sanitary sewer starts backing up into your basement, NOTIFY THE VILLAGE IMMEDIATELY. Police dispatchers will answer the phones 24 hours a day and gather information while dispatching public works employees to determine the location of the problem. Please call 1-262-786-4141.
Sanitary Sewer Mission Statement:
"To comply with the conditions of the WPDES Permit and minimize the occurrence of preventable overflows. Minimize lifecycle ownership costs of collection system assets, maintain a level of customer service, improve and maintain reliability, reduce potential threat to human health from sewer overflows, provide adequate capacity to convey peak flow and manage infiltrations and inflow."
- Facts about Sewer Backups
- Understanding the operations of the Sanitary Sewer System and how to protect yourself from sewer backups in Elm Grove (new information from MMSD)
- Why Flushable Wipes are not Flushable -New-
- Understanding Basement Backups - Video - NEW!
- What Not to Flush Down the Toilet - Video - NEW!
- MMSD Videos