Property Tax Information
The Village tax rate is determined after the approval of the budget by the Village Board at the end of November. In addition to your municipal taxes, your bill includes taxes levied by other taxing jurisdictions; the State, school districts, colleges.
- December 10th - Property tax bills are generally mailed around December 10th of each year.
- December 21st - Deadline to send tax bills to residents – Bills will be available to print online: http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov. Lookup by your address, choose the tax bill option, then in the upper left you will see “View Tax Bill”. This will be a PDF.
- January 31st - Full payment or first installment due for Real Estate Taxes
- January 31st - Personal Property payment due in full – visit http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov and click “Include Personal Property” to view your information.
- July 31st - Second installment due for Real Estate Taxes (if you opted to pay in installments).
2021 Mill Rates (per $1,000 of home value)
- State of WI - 0
- Waukesha County - 0.0017159818
- Village of Elm Grove - 0.0060071251
- School District of Elmbrook - 0.0091640910
- State School Tax Credit - 0.0016560293
- Waukesha County Technical College - 0.0003078244
- TOTAL - 0.155389930
Max Lottery Credit - 239.30
Max First Dollar Credit - 67.47
Obtain A Copy of Your Tax Bill
- Visit tax.waukeshacounty.gov and use your address. In the upper left of the screen, you will see a PDF version of your tax bill.
- You can also check this site for payment information, installment due dates, and receipts if you paid from an escrow account.
For detailed information, please refer to the Tax Levy and Tax Rate page.
Make a Payment
NEW FOR 2021 TAX SEASON!! Taxes will be collected by the Waukesha County Treasurer. See the Memo from the Clerk and Finance Director to the Admin and Personnel Committee. The option chosen was for Waukesha County to collect.
Three Payment Methods:
Mail: Waukesha County Treasurer, 515 W Moreland Blvd Room 148, Waukesha, WI 53188
Dropbox: The silver night deposit box is located on east side of Waukesha County Courthouse facing Pewaukee Rd, on the island near the blue postal box
Electronically from checking account - $1.50 fee For E-check transactions greater than $10,000, a $10.00 fee applies.
Use a credit or debit card = 2.39% of payment amount, with a minimum fee of $1.50
Any overpayments will be sent to the owner and mailing address listed on the tax roll. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing of tax overpayments.
If you pay via an escrow account, your payment will be sent in accordance with your initial escrow set-up preference. If you are unsure how signed up, contact your mortgage provider.
Obtain A Copy of Your Receipt
- Visit tax.waukeshacounty.gov and use your address.
- Enter your address, click Search.
- Click on the Tax Bill option next to your name.
- Scroll to the bottom. This areas shows amounts paid and amounts still owed. Print Page for your records.