Elm Grove EMS History
- Elm Grove Emergency Medical Service initiated operations in 1978, and moved to full 24-hour coverage in 1982
- In 1987, EMS became an independent service from the police and fire department.
- Elm Grove EMS began operating at the EMT-Paramedic level in 2002.
- Currently, the Village of Elm Grove Emergency Medical Service provides Advanced Life Support through a combination of EMT’s, Paramedics, RN’s, and an MD responding on a paid-on-call basis.
- Elm Grove EMS responds to a multitude of different calls for service, including medical emergencies, auto accidents, fire response, tactical situations, and mutual aid to surrounding communities