Public Works Recycle Center
Residents can take leaves to the leaf pile at the DPW yard. The residents will be required to empty the bags. The yard is open to RESIDENTS
only; absolutely NO CONTRACTORS
will be allowed to use this facility.
Hours of Operation
Refer to the Recycle Center page
for hours of operation.
Paper Bag Pickup
- Purchase approved biodegradable paper bags
and specially marked stickers with the Johns Disposal name.
- The cost is $1.00 per sticker and includes a leaf collection bag.
- Stickers and bags can be purchased at Village Hall.
- Bag Pickup
- A leaf crew from Johns Disposal will pick up the bags, not a member of the garbage crew.
- Pickup time is between September and November with the last pickup the week after Thanksgiving.
- In order to have leaf bags picked up, the bags must be placed at the street end of your driveway on trash pickup day prior to 7:00 AM.
- Only approved stickers purchased from the Village on biodegradable bags will be collected.
Private Landscape Service
Residents may contract with a private hauler. Residents pay the contractor directly for this service. Commercial contractors are not permitted to use the yard waste facility for any reason.
Try home composting of leaves. It's economical and good for the environment.
Please do not rake leaves into your culvert or ditch, as it blocks the drainage and causes issues for both residents and the street. Thank you.
If you have any questions regarding leaf bag pickup, please call the Village Hall at 262-782-6700 or Johns Disposal at 262-473-4700.